October 17th 2023
October 19th 2023
TIME:Daily 7:30am to 7:30pm
The Island of Ireland
1 hour per player
How does it work?Learners will try to answer as many multiplication and division questions correctly as they can. The winning school and class will be based on the highest average number of correct answers per pupil.
- Every correct answer that a student gives, in any game type, between the hours of 7:30am BST/IST to 7:30pm BST/IST each day will contribute to their class and school score.
- There is a 60-minute limit playtime per player, per day.
- Each class has a minimum player count of 10. If fewer than 10 in the class play in the competition, their total will be divided by 10 regardless.
How to get involved
Already Using TTRS
- Head to Tournaments > Ireland Rocks and press ‘Join the competition’.
- Enrol the classes you want to participate.
What are the prizes?
AMAZON VOUCHERSThe top 3 classes based on average score will receive an Amazon gift card based on your local currency.
1ST PLACE: £100/€120 AMAZON GIFT CARD
2ND PLACE: £75/€90 AMAZON GIFT CARD
3RD PLACE: £50/€60 AMAZON GIFT CARD
TOP 3 SCHOOLS
TOP 3 CLASSES IN YOUR SCHOOL
TOP 3 PUPILS IN YOUR CLASS AND SCHOOL
TOP 3 PUPILS OVERALL
What is Maths Week Ireland?
Maths Week Ireland is an annual event that promotes mathematics and its importance in everyday life. The event aims to engage people of all ages, from students to the general public, in fun and educational activities related to mathematics.
Register your school to gain access to awesome resources and more!
Terms and ConditionsBy entering Ireland Rocks, it will be assumed that you have read these terms and conditions and that you accept them for and on behalf of your school.
- This competition will run from 07:30 BST/IST on October 17th 2023 to 19:30 BST/IST on October 19th 2023 (the “Competition Period”).
- The competition is open to any school (primary, secondary or all-through schools) located in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- To enter your school in the Ireland Rocks, please login to your Times Tables Rock Stars account and head to Tournaments > Ireland Rocks. Please accept the invitation and choose the Maths Classes that you would like to participate in the competition. Please note that Pastoral Classes cannot participate, only Maths Classes can participate.
- You MUST unenroll any classes you don’t want to participate BEFORE the competition starts. Once the competition starts, you cannot change which classes are enrolled or unenrolled.
- The winners of the class competition are the ones with the highest average number of correct answers per pupil who played on Times Tables Rock Stars during the Competition Period.
- To calculate the average, our algorithm divides by the number of students who take part during the Competition Period. There needs to be a minimum of 10 students in the class who take part. If fewer than 10 from a class play during the competition then our algorithm will still divide by 10 for the purpose of the average to simulate there being 10 players in the class.
- Similarly, to calculate the school’s average, our algorithm divides by the number of students who take part during the Competition Period but will divide by 10 as a minimum.
- Answers given correctly by students on any game mode within Times Tables Rock Stars count towards the total scores (i.e. to include questions answered in Gig, Garage, Jamming, Studio, Arena, Festival and Soundcheck game modes). This ensures that students of all ages and levels can take part.
- Schools or classes deemed by Maths Circle to be taking measures that give them an unfair advantage may be removed from the competition.